13 Jack Adams Path
From Sydney takes around 5 – 6.5 hours (approx. 500km) depending on stops and route.
From Melbourne takes around 6.5 – 7 hours (approx. 500km), the Kosciuszko Alpine Way is fully sealed.
From Canberra takes 2.5 hours (approx. 180km).
National Park Entry Fee
As you are staying in the Kosciuszko National Park a daily fee is required. The daily summer rate per car is $16 and the winter rate is $27. If you are visiting for a week or more it is best to get an annual permit for $190, and has the bonus of allowing you entry into all NSW National Parks for the year. Passes are available at the Alpine Way Park Entrance, the Khancoban Visitor Centre, and from the newsagent in the Thredbo village centre.
Once you arrive in Thredbo proceed along the ‘Kosciusko Alpine Way’ above the village and turn Right into ‘Banjo Drive’. From Khancoban it will be your first left. The first driveway on the left is to ‘Lantern Apartments’, you can unload your gear here and access the lodge down the stairs beside the apartments. Alternatively you can continue along Banjo Drive to ‘The Denman/Snowgoose’ driveway around the corner on Diggings Terrace – standing only, strictly NO PARKING, vehicles must be attended at all times.
Once unloaded your car needs to be moved to the overnight long term carpark at Friday Flats or by the Village Green.
During winter free shuttle buses run from Friday Flat every 15 minutes from 8am to 10pm and until midnight on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings.
Pick-up and drop-off at Lantern Apartments and drop-off only outside The Denman.
- Qantas & Virgin Blue have a high frequency of daily flights to Canberra from Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne, with connecting flights from other capital cities.
- Snowy Mountains Express Shuttle from Canberra airport – 02 6552 4455
- Summit Coaches provide transport to and from the ski fields
- V-line Coaches operate from Melbourne to Canberra via Cooma twice a week.
- Greyhound Coaches have frequent coach services from Sydney and Melbourne to Canberra. During the Winter months, services continue to the Snowy Mountains.